To Seek Professional Help
Some people seek professional help when trouble first appears, while others
hold off until relationships have hit bottom. Several authorities in family
mental health suggest following rules of thumb about when to seek counselling:
- when you have exhausted your own coping strategies and the trouble remains.
- when the conflicts persist and seem to be vicious cycles of frustrations
- when an individual feels stuck in depression, anxiety, or self-defeating
patterns of behaviour.
- when a sexual problem persists.
- when physical symptoms of illness persist with no medical explanation.
- when either partner believes and feels that the only solution is separation
- when an individual feels helpless to move away from a relationship that
is irretrievably broken down.
You do not have to feel this badly. Help is available.
us at (613) 523-6400 so that we may begin to
Discover Solutions Together